Lacrimus Rioja Blanco

Wines

Lacrimus Rioja Blanco

Sweetness: Dry

Grape: Tempranillo Blanco

Grape info: A rare variety only discovered in 1988, Tempranillo Blanco produces characteristically structured wines displaying notes of citrus, tropical fruits and white flowers alongside an incisive acidity and medicinal levels of alcohol.

About: Rodríguez y Sanzo is a family wine company with vineyards across many important Spanish D.Os. Winemaker Javier Rodríguez employs an ethos of sustainable agriculture, increasingly within the framework of biodynamic and organic viticulture to create distinctive wines, rooted in tradition, with a modern twist.

80% of the wine is fermented in stainless steel tanks using native yeasts, the remaining 20% in new oak barriques, adding richness and complexity. Wines are then blended and aged for a two month period on the lees prior to bottling.

Tasting note: The extremely rare Tempranillo Blanco grape can replace your cheeseboard's quince paste this Christmas. Try it with Manchego or Pecorino.

Character: Passion fruit, lychee, elderflower


Product code:
WIN1435
Bottle Size:
1x75cl
Alcohol by Volume:
12.5%
Lacrimus Rioja Blanco

Find this in...

Tasting Notes - Rich & Complex

Call the sales office on 01747 827030 or email ten/ratcen//selas

Follow us and say hello! Twitter Facebook Instagram LinkedIn